The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace.Learn more about this agency
To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values -- integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
This is an Air Reserve Technician (ART) position. ARTs are part of the regular career civil service and enjoy all the benefits granted to Federal employees in the competitive civil service.
Click here to view the AF Civilian Employment Eligibility Guide:
Internal Employees (Air Force Employee - Current Permanent Competitive Service Career/Career-Conditional Employee and Current Permanent AF DCIPS Employees with Reinstatement Rights to the Competitive Service)
DoD Transfer - Army, Navy, DFAS, etc. (Excluding Air Force)
ICTAP (Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program)
Non-DoD Transfer (OPM, VA, Dept of Labor, etc.)
Former Federal Employees (Reinstatement)
VEOA (Veterans Employment Opportunity Act)
You MUST have one or more listed eligibilities to be considered. Eligibility claims must be supported with required documentation submitted with each application package to be considered. "Transfer" and "Reinstatement" eligibles must provide their most current SF-50 and the SF-50 reflecting the highest grade held if not reflected on most current/separation SF-50. *Air Force is not responsible for erroneous eligibilities you list or fail to list.
This position is developmental from GS-0201-07 TO TARGET GS-0201-09. The individual selected for this position may be promoted to the target level without further competition upon meeting any legal and regulatory requirements.
· The primary purpose of this position is to administer the personnel readiness program, provide technical guidance and assistance to commander within the organization on all aspects of the program. This is as an Air Reserve Technician (ART). This is a developmental position with known potential to the target position of GS-0201-09.
· Develops wing readiness plans for the administration of contingencies and mobilization; Manages programming plans (PPLANS) for receipt/conversion of new weapons systems, mission changes and unit activation/deactivation.
· Manages contingency and Exercise deployments. Serves as advisor to wing/group/unit commanders on deployment programs. Manages Deployment Systems. Manages and control the Personnel Module of the Integrated Deployment System (IDS), critical to deployment/employment of tasked personnel in support of global operations.
· Personnel Support for Contingency Operations (PERSCO) mission ready and training. Advises Mission Support Squadron (MSS) Commander on PERSCO portion of Status of Resources and Training Systems (SORTS) Report. Assists MPF commander in planning, programming and monitoring MANPER-B and PERSCO training programs. Provide training and guidance to Unit commanders and Unit deployment Managers (UDM) on personnel accountability, SORTS, The Deployment Management System (DEMS), and personnel deployment requirements.
· Serves as Classified Control Officer. Responsible for safeguard and proper destruction of classified material and equipment IAW AF instructions, higher headquarters and local guidance. May be required to perform personnel relocation and personnel employment duties as directed.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Federal Employees, VEOA. See Job Summary for further information on "Who May Apply".
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/485586100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.