Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.Learn more about this agency
About the Position:
This is a military technician position with the US Army Reserves.
Becoming a Military Technician allows you to experience the best of two worlds by taking advantage of the opportunity to become a Citizen Soldier in the US Army Reserve Military Technician program. This enables you to receive full civil service benefits and military reserve benefits. Military Technicians are a vital link between the US Army Reserves and civil service and are one of the most important keys to combat readiness.
This position is located at: The 88th Regional Support Command (RSC), Equipment Concentration Site (ECS)10, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Washington
Who May Apply: US Citizens
The duties of this position include:
- Install, overhaul, maintain and repair a variety of electronic components, related devices, and equipment.
- Conduct inspections, diagnose malfunctions and troubleshoot to determine causes of defects.
- Prepare unsatisfactory equipment reports on items failing tests repeatedly, specifying the nature of the fault and the materials necessary for repairs.
- Disassemble, inspect, repair, adjust, overhaul, modify, calibrate, align and tune electronic sets, components, and equipment such night vision optics, radios, satellite antennas, GPS receivers, cryptographs, generators, navigational aids, counter measure equipment, and other more complex equipment.
- Replace defective transformers, switches, relays, tubes, circuits, choke coils, capacitors, resistors, cannon plugs, junction blocks, wires, potentiometers, etc.
- Use all types of test equipment, such as systems test sets, frequency meters, standing wave indicators, oscillators, ohmmeters, voltmeters, resistance bridges, tube testers, and signal generators to localize trouble by component unit, by circuit within a component, and by element of a circuit.
- Provide technical assistance to unit personnel on equipment operation and organizational maintenance procedures.
Occasional travel - The business travel requirement is 20%.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…US Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/485576600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.