Any offers of employment made pursuant to this announcement will be consistent with all applicable authorities, including Presidential Memoranda, Executive Orders, interpretive U.S. Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) guidance, and Office of Management and Budget plans and policies concerning hiring. These authorities are subject to change.Learn more about this agency
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling on those who want to help protect American interests and secure our Nation. DHS Components work collectively to prevent terrorism; secure borders and our transportation systems; protect the President and other dignitaries; enforce and administer immigration laws; safeguard cyberspace; and ensure resilience to disasters. We achieve these vital missions through a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
The Office of Inspector General (OIG) offers you the opportunity to become a part of one of the most challenging and important missions facing the country today. The OIG ensures that all DHS programs and operations are carried out in the most effective, efficient and economical manner by conducting independent audits, inspections and evaluations, and investigations. In our dynamic environment, you will work side with special agents, attorneys, auditors, program analysts and IT experts to deter, identify, and address fraud, abuse, mismanagement, and waste of taxpayer funds invested in homeland security.
View the Common Definitions of terms in this announcement.
Applying to this announcement certifies that you give permission for DHS to share your application with others in DHS for similar positions.
This position is located in the Human Resources Management Division (HRMD), Office of Management, Office of Inspector General (OIG), Department of Homeland Security. The purpose of this position is to serve as a Human Resources Specialist (Employee Relations) providing advice and assistance on Employee Relations matters within OIG. Typical duties may include:
- Serving as an Employee Relations Specialist for OIG providing advice and assistance to employees, supervisors, managers and officials on performance management and recognition.
- Presenting solutions to situations affecting numerous inter-related personnel issues.
- Participating in discussion to present, defend, and negotiate OIG positions or protect department interests.
- Keeping up-to-date with new developments and emerging ideas in program areas.
- Initiating, conducting, evaluating, and/or participating in studies to determine needs, problems, trends, and corrective action.
- Partnering with Office of Counsel on employee relations matters.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All U.S. citizens
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/485569300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.