If you would like to be a part of a Federal organization dedicated to serving our Nation and those who defend it, consider a career with the Department of Defense (DoD) Office of the Inspector General (OIG). The agency promotes integrity, accountability and improvement of critical DoD programs and operations to support mission accomplishment and to serve the public interest. The OIG offers the full range of Federal benefits (see link below) and a flexible work schedule, depending on position requirements.This position is located in DODIG-DIG FOR AUDIT in Alexandria, VA.Learn more about this agency
The duties described reflect the full performance level of this position.
- Applies mathematics theories, methods and techniques to statistical process for the solution of specific problems, analysis and interpretation of statistical samples; the selection and use of statistical analysis, operations research or management analysis methods, and the correct use of appropriate computer systems and software to accomplish these assignments.
- Designs complex samples, survey instruments, and studies.
- Solves complex problems by developing mathematical models or other statistical methods and integrates the mathematical and statistical aspects of machine computation.
- Conducts theoretical and experimental investigations to develop new or improve existing theories and techniques for the solution of problems that serve to expand the framework of knowledge.
- Participates in the design, analysis and interpretation of statistical samples; the selection and use of statistical analytical, operations research or management analysis methods; and the correct use of appropriate computer systems and software to accomplish these assignments.
- Negotiates compromises between project goals and available resources, modifying the quantitative plan as required to meet contingencies.
- Communicates statistical concepts and results in understandable language to a variety of audiences.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All US citizens.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/485550500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.