Any offers of employment made pursuant to this announcement will be consistent with all applicable authorities, including Presidential Memoranda, Executive Orders, interpretive U.S. Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) guidance, and Office of Management and Budget plans and policies concerning hiring. These authorities are subject to change.
Building on a Tradition of Excellence and Meeting the Challenges of the Future The Secret Service is a premier law enforcement organization with two critical national security missions: protect our nation's leaders and to conduct criminal investigations. Our team members continue a tradition of excellence - whether investigating financial crime or protecting national and visiting foreign leaders. In the Secret Service, we serve the country with duty, loyalty, justice, integrity and courage. In the Secret Service, we:
- Protect the President, the Vice President, and other leaders; investigate threats against them; and safeguard their residences and other facilities
- Plan and implement security designs for National Special Security Events
- Investigate financial crimes including fraud, identity theft and computer-based attacks on banking or telecommunications infrastructure
More than one selection may be made from this announcement if additional identical vacancies in the same title, series, grade and unit occur.
Applying to this announcement certifies that you give permission for DHS to share your application with others in DHS for similar positions.
Learn more about this agency
The selectee will serve as a Human Resources Specialist in the Special Agent Support Branch. Typical work assignments include:
- Develops, implements, and maintains the Uniformed Officer and/or Special Agent entry level hiring process, and the merit promotion aspects of the Special Agent career track reassignment process.
- Assists the senior specialist of pay Administration on all issues related to the Uniformed Division Pay system as well as pay issues that impact Special Agents.
- Researches and analyzes issues related to the OPM qualification standards for Special Agent positions and prepares proposals to modify the standard; researches and prepares Standard Operating Procedures for the Branch.
- Drafts reports and recommendations for management, answers inquiries from members of Congress, applicants and the general public; Coordinates the work of the team and assigns areas of responsibility; provides training and expert advice, guidance and assistance to others by solving unique or extremely difficult problems.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
- Merit Promotion
- Status Candidates
- Former Overseas Employees
- Schedule A (Disablities)
- Military Spouses
- Peace Corps
- Interchange Agreement Eligibles
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/485539800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.