This position is located in Longfellow National Historic Site, in the Museum Service Division. Please visit find a park for additional park information. This position will be supporting two National Historic Sites: John F. Kennedy National Historic Site and Longfellow House - Washington's Headquarters National Historic Site. The incumbent will be required to travel between the two sites.Learn more about this agency
This position is a Full-Time temporary position not-to-exceed 1039 regular hours (about 6 months) in a service year. Position may be terminated sooner or extended depending on management needs. Individuals selected under this vacancy announcement are eligible for rehire in subsequent service years.
The typical seasonal entry-on-duty period for Longfellow National Historic Site is May through November, but can be variable during these months due to weather conditions, project needs, or funding. Anticipated Entry on Duty: May 2018.
PLEASE NOTE: The National Park Service's (NPS) policy on Less than 1040 appointments (also know as temporary seasonal appointments) has changed. Your service history will be reviewed to ensure compliance with current NPS Less than 1040 policy prior to you being offered a position in the Northeast Region.
Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses will not be paid. All travel, transportation, and relocation expenses associated with reporting for duty in this position will be the sole responsibility of the selected employee.
- Implement museum maintenance and housekeeping schedules. Perform routine cleaning of objects as directed and in accordance to established standards. Assist in scheduled cleaning of museum collections storage.
- Implements museum environmental monitoring and integrated pest management (IPM) programs. Including gathering data, maintaining the monitoring equipment and preparing permanent data records.
- Provide answers to inquiries concerning the Longfellow House - Washington's Headquarters and the John Fitzgerald Kennedy National Historic Sites' collections by using the archives and museum records.
- Inventory, document, and store items. Pack and repack objects with care, assuring complete labeling that preserve data associated with the objects.
- Identify preservation needs and recommend additional actions. Assist with the installation, repair and rehabilitation of exhibits.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens, CTAP, ICTAP.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/485539100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.