This position is in the Air Force Global Strike Command.Learn more about this agency
The mission of the Air Force Global Strike Command is to develop and provide safe, secure and credible combat-ready forces for nuclear deterrence and global strike operations to support the President of the United States and combatant commanders.
Click here to view the AF Civilian Employment Eligibility Guide:
Internal Employees (Air Force Employee - Current Permanent Competitive Service Career/Career-Conditional Employee and Current Permanent AF DCIPS Employees with Reinstatement Rights to the Competitive Service)
DoD Transfer - Army, Navy, DFAS, etc. (Excluding Air Force)
Former Federal Employees (Reinstatement)
Military Spouses - Appointment of Certain Military Spouse (EO 13473)
Schedule A - Individual with Disabilities - click here for additional information
Former Overseas Employees (EO 12721)
ICTAP (Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program)
Non-DoD Transfer (OPM, VA, Dept of Labor, etc.)
Federal Employees with Other Appointment Eligibilities (TSA, FAA, Postal, etc.)
VEOA (Veterans Employment Opportunity Act)
30% Disabled Veterans
The ASARS Referral code is "H". MILITARY SPOUSE PREFERENCE: Click here: http://www.cpms.osd.mil/Content/Documents/PPP-Program%20S.pdf for specific program requirements. To request MSP hiring preference, you must submit the follow documents:
· Application or resume;
· Statement requesting MSP; and
· Copy of military sponsor's PCS orders
You MUST have one or more listed eligibilities to be considered. Eligibility claims must be supported with required documentation submitted with each application package to be considered. "Transfer" and "Reinstatement" eligibles must provide their most current SF-50 and the SF-50 reflecting the highest grade held if not reflected on most current/separation SF-50. *Air Force is not responsible for erroneous eligibilities you list or fail to list.
- The primary purpose of this position is: To serve as a contracting team leader and a warranted contracting officer, to provide business advice to the customer and to perform all preaward and postaward functions using a wide range of contracting methods and types; and to procure complex and/or diversified commodities, services, and/or construction.
- Serves as Team Leader. Plans the overall approach to meet contracting program objectives for procuring a wide variety of requirements.
- Procures a wide variety of services, commodities, and/or construction.
- Executes postaward contract performance management actions on assigned contracts.
- Provides business advice and guidance to technical personnel and others on contracting work and prepares correspondence.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Federal Employees, VEOA, Individuals with Disabilities, Military Spouses, and Former Overseas Employees. See Job Summary for further information on "Who May Apply".
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/485536400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.