This National Guard position is for a AERIAL REFUELING TECHNICIAN (INSTRUCTOR), Position Description Number (GS09) D2308000 and (GS10) D2298000and is part of theMI 127 Wing, National Guard.
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!Learn more about this agency
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
AERIAL REFUELING TECHNICIAN (INSTRUCTOR), GS-2185-9/10
GS09 PD#: D2308000
This position is located in an Air National Guard Aviation Unit, Air Operations function. Aircraft include KC-135R, KC-135T, and KC-46. Configurations vary between Boom, Drogue, and MPRS refueling. This is an Air National Guard (ANG) Dual Status Technician position requiring military membership, compatible military skill assignment, and classification. The purpose of this position is to perform in-flight refueling aircrew functions and activities according to flight manuals, checklists, and Unites States Air Force publications. This is a developmental position to the full performance position of D2298000, Aerial Refueling Technician (Instructor), GS-2185-10.
1. Performs in-flight refueling aircrew duties.
2. Receives cargo/passenger load briefing and reviews load plan and cargo documentation.
3. Ensures availability of fleet service equipment and receives and stows in-flight meals.
4. Performs other duties as assigned.
GS10 PD# D2298000
This position is located in an Air National Guard Aviation Unit, Air Operations function. Aircraft include KC-135R, KC-135T, and KC-46. Configurations vary between Boom, Drogue, and MPRS refueling. This is an Air National Guard (ANG) Dual Status Technician position requiring military membership, compatible military skill assignment, and classification. The primary purpose of this position is to provide ground and flight training instruction for developing, upgrading, and evaluating the skills of aerial refueling aircrew members; as the sole enlisted aircrew member performs aerial refueling technician duties on assigned missions; and assists the pilot in the operation of the aircraft by performing duties associated with loadmaster, flight engineer and navigator positions.
1. Instructor/Evaluator duties and responsibilities include providing ground and flight training to develop and upgrade the skills of assigned Air National Guard and Active Duty aircrew members, administering flight evaluations of aircrew members and instructors, and evaluating the effectiveness of the aircrew training program for the squadron commander.
2. Instructs students on inflight duties and administers all receiver category certifications.
3. Conducts classroom instruction to individual or groups of Inflight Refueling Technicians and Pilots for initial, upgrade, recurring continuation training, and Mission Ready Combat Training (MCT).
4. Instructs personnel on the development and certifying of cargo load plans considering weight, quantity, configuration, floor capacity, compartment restrictions, and proper location within the aircraft to achieve the optimum center of gravity for ground and flight operations.
5. Instructs new personnel in preparation for receiver aircraft category qualification / certifications and OPLAN 8010 Certification.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
50% or less - You will be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…U.S. Citizens. Area 1 - Open to current, permanent technicians of the Michigan National Guard. Area 2 - Open to current members of the Michigan National Guard.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/485534600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.