The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace.Learn more about this agency
To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values -- integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
Click here to view the AF Civilian Employment Eligibility Guide:
Internal Employees (Air Force Employee - Current Permanent Competitive Service Career/Career-Conditional Employee and Current Permanent AF DCIPS Employees with Reinstatement Rights to the Competitive Service)
DoD Transfer - Army, Navy, DFAS, etc. (Excluding Air Force)
Former Federal Employees (Reinstatement)
Military Spouses - Appointment of Certain Military Spouse (EO 13473)
Schedule A - Individual with Disabilities - click here for additional information
Former Overseas Employees (EO 12721)
ICTAP (Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program)
Non-DoD Transfer (OPM, VA, Dept of Labor, etc.)
Federal Employees with Other Appointment Eligibilities (TSA, FAA, Postal, etc.)
VEOA (Veterans Employment Opportunity Act)
30% Disabled Veterans
The ASARS Referral code is "H". MILITARY SPOUSE PREFERENCE: Click here: http://www.cpms.osd.mil/Content/Documents/PPP-Program%20S.pdf for specific program requirements. To request MSP hiring preference, you must submit the follow documents:
· Application or resume;
· Statement requesting MSP; and
· Copy of military sponsor's PCS orders
You MUST have one or more listed eligibilities to be considered. Eligibility claims must be supported with required documentation submitted with each application package to be considered. "Transfer" and "Reinstatement" eligibles must provide their most current SF-50 and the SF-50 reflecting the highest grade held if not reflected on most current/separation SF-50. *Air Force is not responsible for erroneous eligibilities you list or fail to list.
"This is a Supervisory Position." A 1-year supervisory probationary period is required if applicant selected has not previously met this requirement.
- The primary purpose of this position is: To serve as a supervisor, providing planning, directing, organizing, and exercising control over non-supervisory employees assigned to SMC/PK.
- Plans, organizes, and directs the activities of Procuring Contracting Officer, ensuring that contracting activities complies with legal and regulatory requirements and meets customer needs.
- Exercises supervisory personnel management responsibilities.
- Represents Contracting Division with a variety of installation and functional area organizations. Serves as a warranted Procuring Contracting Officer. Performs pre/post contract award functions for highly complex, high monetary value, long term acquisitions for a major weapon system.
- Protects classified material.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Federal Employees, VEOA, Individuals with Disabilities, Military Spouses, and Former Overseas Employees. See Job Summary for further information on "Who May Apply".
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/485527300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.