Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.Learn more about this agency
About the Position:
This position is located at Fort Belvoir. Employee will work at the Communication Electronic Command under the IEW& S -Sensors & Mission Equipment Division responsible for interpret, develop, recommend, evaluate effectiveness, of and disseminate policy and guidance on Information Assurance Program requirements.
This position may be converted to permanent career or career-conditional appointment without further competition as long as all requirements are met. To be eligible for conversion, employee must complete at least 2 years of current continuous service under a term appointment in the competitive service AND employee must have a current performance rating under such term appointment of at least fully successful or equivalent.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
- Apply knowledge of Information Assurance regulator requirement and policies in support of information technology systems, databases and services.
- Evaluate the IA security impact of new systems or system changes against IA security standards and mission.
- Ensure oversight, management, mission performance monitoring, and analysis of classified, sensitive, and unclassified Research and Engineering mission critical networks and computer systems.
- Apply new methods, procedures, and coordinates with others.
- Write documents such as IA System Security Plans(SSP), Security Classification Guides, Program Security Procedures to support Research and Engineering field data experimentation.
- Conduct scans of the applications and prepare reports of vulnerabilities for System Administrators.
- Implement accreditation requirements such as those found in the Information Security Certification and Accreditation Process.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…US Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/485512100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.