THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a AVIATION RESOURCE MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST, Position Description Number D1891000and is part of theMI 110 Airlift Wing, National Guard.
Learn more about this agency
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
AVIATION RESOURCE MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST, GS-2101-9
This position is located in the Air Operations Division of an Air National Guard Aviation Wing. It's purpose is to: plan, implement, and control all operational administrative aspects of aircrew resource management, aircrew training, aircrew incentive pay, various Air Force forms, Aviation Resource Management System (ARMS) control, ARMS interfaces, operational reports, technical guidance, and training of assigned aviation resource management personnel. This is accomplished through the: interpreting and administering of laws and regulations; directing, controlling, and monitoring the resource and training requirements of assigned rated and non rated aircrew for mission accomplishment and safety of flight; and serving as the overall ARMS database manager, analyst, and administrator for the Wing. As required, the position periodically performs Flight Services Specialist duties.
(1) Interprets and administers laws and regulations regarding incentive pay and has sole approving authority to determine eligibility and entitlement to Aircrew Incentive Pay (ACIP), Career Enlisted Force Incentive Pay (CEFIP), and Hazardous Duty Incentive Pay (HDIP, (parachutist duty)) on all aviation related duties for personnel assigned to the Air National Guard unit.
(2) Controls, and monitors the resource and training requirements of assigned rated and non-rated aircrew for mission accomplishment and safety of flight.
(3) Develops and implements unique applications programs using base-level computers to meet the specific needs of the unit.
(4) Performs Flight Services Specialist work within the Air Operations Division which is responsible for coordinating and maintaining liaisons with military, federal, and local agencies concerning airspace utilization, flying operations, aircraft emergencies, search and rescue operations, and natural disasters.
(5) Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…U.S. Citizens. Area 1 - Open to current, permanent technicians of the Michigan National Guard. Area 2 - Open to current members of the Michigan National Guard. Area 3 - Open to applicants willing and eligible to join the Michigan National Guard (contact a recruiter).
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/485509600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.