The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling on those who want to help protect American interests and secure our Nation. DHS Components work collectively to prevent terrorism; secure borders and our transportation systems; protect the President and other dignitaries; enforce and administer immigration laws; safeguard cyberspace; and ensure resilience to disasters. We achieve these vital missions through a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
Joining the Office of the Undersecretary (OUS) means overseeing Department of Homeland Security (DHS) efforts to counter terrorism and enhance security, administrative performance, operational programs, and other pertinent management information.
Relocation expenses are not authorized. Other recruitment incentives may be authorized.
Who May Be Considered:
Merit promotion and/or non-competitive referral lists may be issued based on the needs of the agency.
More than one selection may be made from this announcement.
Appointments are subject to the availability of funds. Learn more about this agency
In this position, you will become a key member of a team of human resources (HR) professionals.Provides advisory services on recruitment and staffing actions. The incumbent is also responsible for the on boarding process of new personnel. Typical work assignments include:
- Ensuring that selections are made in accordance with U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and Department Of Homeland Security (DHS) policies and regulations.
- Announcing vacancies through internal merit promotion through USA Staffing.
- Verifying all candidate selections are valid based on merit promotion, delegated examining unit, and non competitive selection procedures per Title 5 Code of Federal Regulations rules and procedures.
- Advising management on recruitment strategies, sources and special programs designed to support mission goals and maintain necessary staffing levels.
- Advising management on all employment mechanisms and recruitment strategies, necessary for the recruitment and placement of well-qualified and diverse candidates in internal or external competitive staffing actions.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates (this includes Merit Promotion, Status Candidates, Former Overseas Employees, CTAP, ICTAP, VRA, VEOA, 30% or More Disabled, EVHO, Individuals with Disabilities, Military Spouses, Americorps, Peace Corps, Vista, Interchange Agreement Eligibles, Land Management, and National Guard)
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/485486900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.