The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values -- integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.Learn more about this agency
These positions are being filled under Expedited Hiring Authority (EHA) for Defense Acquisition Workforce Positions and Health Care Occupations. The Secretary of the Air Force has delegated authority by the Office Of the Secretary of Defense to directly appoint individuals to select defense acquisition workforce positions, or 'EHA Acquisition,' pursuant to the Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) and certain health care occupations, or 'EHA Medical.' Positions are located Air Force-Wide. Positions may be filled as permanent or term with a full-time or part-time work schedule. Pay will vary by geographic location.
This Public Notice is to gather applications which may or may not result in a referral or selection.
This Public Notice may be used to fill positions in other equivalent pay systems (i.e., NH, NJ, NK).
Please read this Public Notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application for consideration.
- Provide diagnostic and therapeutic medical care and services under the guidance of the physician.
- Manage common medical problems encountered in a medical facility. Performs would care debridement and suture placement/removal of minor lacerations.
- May be required to provide some sub-specialty services with current granted privileges. May perform ambulatory medical and surgical procedures per granted privileges.
- Order and interpret diagnostic tests, independently formulate full treatment and management regimens based on sound diagnosis.
- Perform physical examinations, collect and record history of present illness and all pertinent review of systems and orders laboratory and radiographic studies for the working diagnosis.
- This series covers positions that involve assisting a physician by providing diagnostic and therapeutic medical care and services under the guidance of the physician. The work requires knowledge of specific observation and examination procedures, and the ability to perform diagnostic and therapeutic tasks. The work does not include the full scope of interpretation of medical findings requiring the full professional background of the licensed physician. Physician assistants assist in the examination and observation of patients by performing such duties as taking case histories, conducting physical examinations, and ordering laboratory studies during hospital rounds and clinic visits. As directed by a physician, physician assistants carry out special procedures; for example, they give injections or other medication, apply or change dressings, perform lumbar punctures or suture minor lacerations.
This announcement may be used to fill one or more vacancies
Duties and responsibilities vary and may increase according to grade level.
This public notice may be used to fill target grades (e.g. GS-11 Target GS-13).
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…This public notice is to gather applications that may or may not result in a referral or selection.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/485453800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.