Perform diagnostic examinations or medical treatment procedures as part of the diagnostic or treatment plan for patientsLearn more about this agency
Operate or monitor diagnostic and therapeutic medical instruments and equipment associated with cardiac catheterization, pulmonary examinations.
Evaluation, heart bypass surgery, electrocardiography, electroencephalography, hemodialysis, and ultrasonography.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Males must be registered for Selective Service, see www.sss.gov
- Total salary varies depending on location of position
- PCS expenses if authorized will be paid IAW JTR and Air Force Regulations
- Recruitment incentives may be authorized
- This posn is subject to provisions of the DoD Priority Placement Program
- Position may be subject to random drug testing
- Employee may be required to work other than normal duty hours, to include evenings, weekends and/or holidays
- Shift work and emergency overtime may be required
- Employee must maintain current certifications
- Position may require an appropriate security clearance
- Employee may be required to maintain current certifications BLS, ACLS.
- Duty position may require national certification through the Board of Registered Technologists (BRPT)
- Position may require an appropriate security clearance.
- Work may involve exposure to infection and contagious diseases. Position may be identified as having regular contact with children, requiring a State Criminal History Repository (SCHR) check to be completed on any person selected for the position
- Disclosure of political appointee
- Per National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) of fiscal year (FY) 2017. Section 1111 modifies 5 United States Code (U.S.C.) 3326; Veterans who are retiring within 180 days of appointment effective date may require a 180 day waiver package
FOR GS-05: At least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade (GS-04) or equivalent. Specialized experience must include using basic instruments and diagnostic or treatment procedures; position patients for examination or treatment; and use basic medical terminology commonly used in the specialization.
FOR GS-06: At least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade (GS-05) or equivalent. Specialized experience must include performing routine diagnostic or treatment procedures; position patients for examination or treatment; and use advanced medical terminology commonly used in the specialization.
FOR GS-07: At least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade (GS-06) or equivalent. Specialized experience must include performing specific diagnostic or treatment procedures; recognize the existence of and differences among a few easily recognizable alternatives to position patients for examination or treatment; and use advanced medical terminology commonly used in the specialization.
FOR GS-08: At least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade (GS-07) or equivalent. Specialized experience must include operating or instructing in the operation of equipment; performing routine and standard diagnostic or treatment procedures, patient instructions, and instrument cleaning and maintenance; adapt the instrument to the patient and/or select procedures based on patients' physical condition; and respond to emergencies and make recommendations to physicians based on observation of patients' responses.
FOR GS-09: At least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade (GS-08) or equivalent. Specialized experience must include full responsibility for technical aspects of the specialization; involves diverse and complex technical problems operating, supervising the operation or instructing in the operation of equipment; patient instructions, and instrument cleaning and maintenance; adapt the instrument to the patient and/or select procedures based on patients' physical condition; and respond to emergencies and make recommendations to physicians based on observation of patients' responses.
FOR GS-10: At least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade (GS-09) or equivalent. Specialized experience must include full responsibility and performance of a variety of specialized diagnostic and treatment procedures and technical aspects of the specialization; involves diverse and complex technical problems, supervising the operation or instructing in the operation of equipment; adapt the instrument to the patient and/or select procedures based on patients' physical condition; and respond to emergencies and make recommendations to physicians based on observation of patients' responses.
FOR GS-11: At least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade (GS-10) or equivalent. Specialized experience must include full responsibility and performance of a variety of specialized diagnostic and treatment procedures and technical aspects of the specialization; involves diverse and complex technical problems, supervising the operation or instructing in the operation of equipment; adapt the instrument to the patient and/or select procedures based on patients' physical condition; and respond to emergencies and make recommendations to physicians based on observation of patients' responses.
To view qualifying educational requirements and/or combination of education and specialized experience click on the following link:
Click on the following link to view occupational requirements for this position:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of basic and commonly used medical equipment, supplies, and procedures sufficient to perform the duties of the position.
2. Knowledge sufficient to gather and report patient information.
3. Knowledge sufficient to prepare and administer commonly prescribed medications, and to recognized adverse medical reactions in patients.
4. Ability to respond to patient emergencies using resuscitative techniques and first aid procedures.
5. Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
6. Knowledge of various office automation software programs, tools, and techniques to support office operations and produce a variety of documents such as letters, reports, spreadsheets, databases, and graphs.
7. Knowledge of medical terminology to allow communication with the medical staff, understand requests for studies, and report clinical findings from procedures performed.
8. Knowledge of human anatomy and physiology.
9. Practical understanding of medical data generated by patient/equipment connections.
10. Some positions may require a practical knowledge of chemistry, pharmacology, physics, and mathematics.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
IF USING EDUCATION TO QUALIFY: You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated in the "Highly Qualified" or "Best Qualified" Category on the rating criteria for this vacancy. You must submit a copy of the agency notice, your most recent performance rating, and your most recent SF-50 noting position, grade level, and duty location.
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants): Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
Temporary and Term Appointments: If you are selected for a temporary or term position in the competitive service, your appointment may be extended to the maximum period allowed by law without further competition. Additionally, if you are serving on a term appointment in the competitive service, you may be converted to a career or career-conditional appointment without further competition. NOTE: Current federal civilian employees may apply for this position and if selected, a break in service of at least 3 days may be required prior to appointment to this position.
Selective Service: Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. For additional information, click here.
Direct Deposit: All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
This announcement may be used to fill one or more vacancies.
Duties and responsibilities vary and may increase according to grade level.
This public notice may be used to fill target grades (e.g. GS-05 Target GS-11).
If you have questions regarding this announcement and have hearing or speech difficulties click here.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to the documents you submit. The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Resume (your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications)
- If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent (latest) version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is "most recent." It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, you will not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and dates of employment (i.e., hours per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position.
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section below). Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name, address, phone number, and last four digits of your social security number.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
The following documents are required and must be provided with your application for this Public Notice:
- Online Application - Questionnaire
- Resume - must include beginning and ending month and year for each employment period
- Transcripts - if qualifying based on education or positive education series
- Registration/License - active, current registration/license if applicable for the position
- Veterans' Preference - a copy of your DD Form 214 which must include character of service or a Statement of Service/Proof of Service which must include service dates and character of service. In addition, if claiming 10-point preference you must submit a VA Letter or a disability determination from a branch of the Armed Forces (or documentation of Purple Heart, if applicable) and a SF 15 (Application for 10-point veteran preference).
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
How to Apply
The complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (ET) on 12/31/2018.
To preview the Application Questionnaire, please click the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10079345
To begin the process, click the Apply Online button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the application questionnaire. Please ensure you click the Submit My Application button at the end of the process.
If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application.
PLEASE NOTE: It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered and/or uploaded, (i.e., resume) is received, accurate, and submitted by the closing date. You may verify your documents have been processed with your application package successfully. You can access your USAJOBS account to do so by clicking here. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan.
Human Resources WILL NOT modify or change any answers submitted by an applicant.
Agency contact information
Total Force Service Center
550 C Street W
JBSA Randolph AFB, TX 78150
After you submit your application, you will be contacted if further evaluation or interviews are required.
Your application will remain active through the open period of this Public Notice. Once this Public Notice closes, you must reapply.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/485453700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.