The Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) is a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) agency. DLA provides worldwide logistics support for the missions of the Military Departments and the Unified Combatant Commands under conditions of peace and war. It also provides logistics support to other DoD Components and certain Federal agencies, foreign governments, international organizations, and others as authorized.Learn more about this agency
As a Contract Specialist, you will be responsible for the following duties (If selected at the GS-09 level, duties will be
performed in a developmental capacity):
- Contract management functions, such as amendments and modifications.
- Serves as a Contract Specialist for a wide variety of contracts involving special handling provisions, specialized terms and conditions, unique items, and a variety of contracting methods.
- Authorizes actions requiring Contracting Officer approval, such as delivery schedule changes, waivers, deviations, mistakes in bid/offer, bid/offer protests, premium payments, discrepancies, rejection of first article, substitution, accelerated delivery of high priority items, etc.
- Coordinates with other Government agencies having interrelated requirements, e.g., work contract deficiency reports (CDR) and request for deviations.
- Investigates and determine a resolution for quality notifications.
- Coordinates with vendors to resolve contract delinquencies, payment and/or delivery issues.
ABOUT THE POSITION: This is an Acquisition, Technology & Logistics (AT&L) Workforce Position in the Contracting
Career Field. The incumbent will be required to become certified at Level II in the applicable career field within 24
months, unless a Position Requirements Waiver is approved to extend the 24 months. AT&L position requirements will
be used in the evaluation criteria.
Occasional travel - Travel may be required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/485434900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.