Become a part of an innovative, dynamic, nationwide organization of dedicated health care providers working to meet the individual health care needs of American Indians and Alaska Natives. Indian Health Service (IHS) employees are considerate in our care, creative in our approach, enthusiastic about our work and compassionate with our patients.Learn more about this agency
Our lifestyle is adventurous, community oriented and focused on service and problem solving as part of a professional interdisciplinary team. Join us in improving the health outcomes of 2.2 million American Indians and Alaska Natives.
This position will provide chairside assistance in oral surgical procedures, general dentistry, x-ray, recordkeeping and clinical maintenance within the Indian Health Service, Wind River Service Unit, Fort Washakie, WY. The incumbent will report to the Supervisory Dental Officer.
The IHS is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified applicants who meet the Secretary of the Interior's definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual Part 7, Chapter 3. The IHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
READVERTISEMENT - This position is being readvertised to solicit additional applications. Applicants who applied previously need not really unless submitting updated and/or missing information.
This position is being announced concurrently under Delegated Examining procedures. Please review vacancy announcement number ++IHS-18-BI-10177507-DE++: for eligibility requirements. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
- Restore teeth after preparation has been accomplished.
- Apply and remove rubber dam, remove temporary fillings using low speed hand piece. Select adapts, seat and cement stainless steel crowns.
- Fabricate and place temporary crowns and bridges.
- Perform dental laboratory procedures, pours and trims models, fabricates custom trays, and bite rims, mount casts on articulator, and pours final impressions.
- Provide dental chair side assisting and anticipates dentist's need for insturuments, material, and service.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/485425200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.