This National Guard position is for a AIRCRAFT MECHANIC, Position Description Number D1366000and is part of 155 AMXS Nebraska Air National Guard.
Learn more about this agency
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
FOR QUESTIONS REGARDING ELIGIBILITY TO JOIN THE NEBRASKA AIR NATIONAL GUARD PLEASE CONTACT THE LOCAL RECRUITING OFFICE AT 402-309-1172.
THIS IS A NIGHT SHIFT POSITION, SELECTEE WILL RECEIVE NIGHT DIFFERENTIAL PAY.
OPEN AREAS OF CONSIDERATION: AREA 1 and 2 ONLY
DEFINITION OF AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
AREA 1 - Current permanent and indefinite bargaining unit Technicians of the Nebraska Army or Air National Guard
AREA 2 - All Drill Status/M-Day members and temporary Technicians of the Nebraska Army or Air National Guard
AREA 3 - Current military service members who are willing to become a member of the Nebraska Army or Air National Guard
AREA 4 - All qualified candidates eligible and willing to become a member of the Nebraska Army or Air National Guard. Selected individual must become a member of the respective National Guard prior to the date of hire.
As a AIRCRAFT MECHANIC, WG-8852-10, duties include:
(1) Performs inspections, functional checks, and preventive maintenance on aircraft to include periodic, phase, hourly, preflight, post flight, calendar, thru-flight, and special
inspections such as fuel contamination, emergency equipment, and oil sampling. Inspects and performs functional checks such as landing gear retraction and operation checks on hydraulic, electrical, pressurization, lubrication, de-icing, vacuum, induction, and exhaust systems.
(2) Troubleshoots and performs unscheduled maintenance on assigned and transient aircraft, utilizing various gauges, meters, measuring devices and other related test
equipment. Performs major adjustments and alignments of aircraft systems or components and assists specialists as required. Removes and replaces aircraft components such as control surfaces, engines, constant speed drive, engine mounted gear boxes, wing fuel tanks or cells, landing gear mechanisms, wheels, brakes and tires. Services oil, fluid, fuel, hydraulic, and oxygen systems. Removes and replaces working or inoperative parts and elements. Performs operator maintenance on aircraft installed auxiliary power units. Tows, taxies, parks, and moors assigned and transient aircraft. Meets and debriefs the aircrew on the status of the aircraft. Launches and recovers assigned and transient aircraft to include those on alert status. Performs end-of-runway inspections prior to take-off. Inspects for conditions such as oil, fuel and hydraulic leaks; damaged tires; and loose panels which would make the aircraft unsafe for flight.
(3) May be required to perform user and organizational level maintenance on assigned support equipment, including inspection, repair, modification, and corrosion prevention. Inventories, controls, stores and repairs Non-Power equipment. Accomplishes and reviews non powered AGE and Power AGE equipment records relating to assigned equipment.
(4) Provides data for aircraft maintenance historical records, complete maintenance data collection, man-hour accounting, and other forms as required. Assists the aircraft
maintenance supply function in identifying parts and stock numbers and obtaining necessary parts and tools to perform assigned duties.
(5) Instructs, directs, and assigns maintenance repair tasks to drill status guard members. Observes work and ensures compliance with standard procedures and applicable technical publications.
(6) Complies with safety, fire, security, and housekeeping regulations. Ensures that material and equipment are properly stored, protected, maintained and secured.
(7) Prepares for and participates in various types of readiness evaluations such as MEI, ORI, IG and UE inspections, mobility and command support exercises. May be required to perform such additional duties as structural fire fighting, aircraft fire/crash/ rescue duty, security guard, snow removal, munitions loading and handling, heavy equipment operator, maintenance of facilities and equipment, or serve as a member of a team to cope with natural disasters or civil emergencies.
(8) Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - Travel for training and work related activities.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Nebraska National Guard Area 1 and 2 applicants
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/485415700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.