THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a IT SPECIALIST (NETWORK), Position Description Number D1585000and is part of the MI JFHQ Army, National Guard.
Learn more about this agency
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
As a IT SPECIALIST (NETWORK), GS-2210-12
1. Responsible for providing expert technical advice and guidance on critical digital communications issues to ensure the integration of C4 programs and services and to solve integration and interoperability issues.
2. Understands and provides input to the development and implementation of bandwidth configuration plans for complex Local Area Networks (LANs) and Wide Area Networks (WANs) with supported elements to include; headquarters staff elements, tenant activities, state government, regional operating activities, and national agencies.
3. Develops the communications architecture and maintains the enterprise infrastructure.
4. Has overall responsibility for planning and developing current and future digital, analog, asynchronous transmission mode (ATM) communications infrastructure.
5. Has overall responsibility for determining funding requirements, preparing budget requests, and executing the communications budget to achieve near term and strategic goals.
6. Provides policy guidance in coordination with the operational elements of the NCC Manager regarding digital communications issues to the DCSIM for statewide implementation.
7. Writes policy and plans for the installation Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP).
8. Coordinates the work and guides lower-graded communications personnel to in maintaining the enterprise sustaining base digital, analog and ATM communications infrastructure.
9. Works closely with IT service providers to optimize support and integration of new technologies.
10. May be assigned to assist the chief by performing limited leader responsibilities.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…U.S. Citizens. Area 1 - Open to current, permanent technicians of the Michigan National Guard. Area 2 - Open to current members of the Michigan National Guard. Area 3 - Open to applicants willing and eligible to join the Michigan National Guard (contact a recruiter).
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/485413200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.