WHAT DOES A FRONTLINE MANAGER DO? As a Front Line Manager, first level supervisor, you will be responsible for assigning, directing, and reviewing the work of subordinate employees. You will use your leadership skills and management techniques for planning, scheduling, and coordinating work operations, planning and carrying out the training and development of employees, evaluating employees' work performance, and in performing all other related administrative functions. Generally, you will direct the work operations of subordinates performing administrative, complex clerical, technical and/or work comparable in nature. The functions, activities, and services provided may have limited geographic coverage and support activities within specific agency program segments.Learn more about this agency
WHAT IS THE WAGE AND INVESTMENT (W&I) DIVISION: The Wage & Investment Division (W&I) serves about 122 million taxpayers who file upwards of 94 million returns each year. Key W&I objectives are to provide high-quality taxpayer assistance, and to enable taxpayers to transact and communicate electronically to file their returns, make payments and receive assistance. W&I partners with private organizations to provide assistance to such disadvantaged groups as elderly and low-income taxpayers.
* This is a roster announcement open continuously and allows applicants to apply up to the last cut off date listed in the announcement. The roster will be used to fill positions throughout the next 12 months. We are projecting approximately 6 vacancies may be filled during the life of this roster open period of 11/30/2017 to 07/05/2018– selections may be made through 01/05/2019. Contingent upon funding and space requirements, one or more vacancies may be filled in the individual PODs listed below as they become available in that location during the life of this roster. Applicants need to apply and be eligible by 11:59 pm Eastern Time (ET) at the close of each of the following cutoff dates to be considered: 12/13/2017, 01/05/2018, 04/05/2018 and 07/05/2018. Applicants may also update their applications by the cut off date listed.
6 Positions located in Austin Accounts Management, Operations 2, Department 3 located at 3651 S. IH-35, Austin, TX.
As a Frontline Manager you will:
- Plan work to be accomplished by subordinates, sets and adjusts short-term priorities, and prepares schedules for completion of work.
- Assign work to subordinates based on priorities, selective consideration of the difficulty and requirements of assignments, and the capabilities of employees.
- Evaluate work performance of subordinates and makes recommendations for outstanding performance recognition and/or disciplinary action.
- Give advice, counsel, or instruction to employees on work and administrative matters.
- Interview candidates for positions within the organization/unit, and recommend appointment, promotion, or reassignment to such positions.
- Hear and resolve complaints from employees, refer group grievances and/or more serious unresolved complaints as appropriate.
- Effect minor disciplinary measures, such as warnings and reprimands, recommend other actions in more serious cases.
- Identify developmental and training needs of employees, providing or arranging for needed development and training.
- Initiate ways to improve production, work processes, and/or to increase the quality of the work directed.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Current IRS Internal/Agency Employees
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/485383300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.