Joining the Office of the Undersecretary (OUS) means overseeing Department of Homeland Security (DHS) efforts to counter terrorism and enhance security, administrative performance, operational programs, and other pertinent management information. In this position, you will be responsible for ensuring the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of systems, networks, and data through planning, analysis, development, implementation, maintenance, and enhancement of information systems security programs, policies, procedures, and tools.
This position starts at a salary of $ 66,510 (GS-11), with promotion potential to $ 94,796 to $ 123,234 (GS-13).
Applying to this announcement certifies that you give permission for DHS to share your application with others in DHS for
Relocation expenses are not authorized. Other recruitment incentives may be authorized.
This announcement is issued under the Direct Hire Authority (DHA) to recruit for positions for which there is a critical hiring need. Selectee(s) will receive a career or career-conditional appointment in the competitive service and may be required to serve a one year probationary period.
Who May be Considered:
- U.S. Citizens
- View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
More than one selection may be made from this announcement.
Appointments are subject to the availability of funds. Learn more about this agency
In this position, you will become a key member of the Office of the Chief Information Officer. Typical work assignments include, but are not limited to:
- Drafting, reviewing and approving security requirements for Classified Sensitive Compartmental Information (SCI) program IT business requirements used for facility build outs and continued organizational support;
- Reviewing all security requirements for network designs, facility drawings, documentation and facility and system accreditation packages or other supporting documents;
- Conducting vulnerability assessments, anti-virus validations, continuous monitoring efforts and ongoing authorization efforts, in unclassified environments as well as Secret, and Top Secret enclaves;
- Assisting with planning and executing field deployment actions related to prevention and the protection of Critical Infrastructure and Key Resources;
- Representing the organization and participating in meetings, forums, conferences, and briefings.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All U.S. Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/485372800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.