THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a BUDGET ANALYST, Position Description Number D2370000and is part of the MI USPFO, National Guard.
Learn more about this agency
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
BUDGET ANALYST, GS-0560-11
This position is located in the Army Comptroller Division in the US Property and Fiscal Office (USPFO). This is an Army National Guard Dual status technician position. Dual Status technician require military membership, compatible military skill assignment and classification. The primary purpose of this position is to provide management oversight and guidance to the budget formulation and execution process
1. Provides management oversight to the budget process, including planning, programming, budgeting, allocation and execution of funds.
2. Certifies funds and coordinates the receipt of Funding Authorizations Documents (FADS) for the state ARNG Comptroller.
3. Prepares quarterly resource management reports, monthly analysis of financed orders in relation to forecasting expenses and provides narrative explanation of the causes of variances between actual and budget objectives.
4. Reviews transactions including reservations, obligations, and disbursements based on interpretation of laws, regulations, or policy.
5. Provides technical budgetary advice and assistance to federal and state agencies as requested.
6. Independently develops and implements guidelines and policies as well as management controls for effective budget execution.
7. Performs other duties as assigned
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…U.S. Citizens. Area 1 - Open to current, permanent technicians of the Michigan National Guard. Area 2 - Open to current members of the Michigan National Guard. Area 3 - Open to applicants willing and eligible to join the Michigan National Guard (contact a recruiter).
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/485348100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.