This National Guard position is for a STRATEGIC PLANS AND TRAINING OFFICER, Position Description Number D1779000 and is part of the NJ JFHQ, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
As a STRATEGIC PLANS AND TRAINING OFFICER, GS-0340-12, you will:
- Serve as the senior strategic and long-range planner and consultant responsible for developing the Joint Force Headquarters-State view of the future and implement detailed strategic policy, plans, initiatives, and concepts.
- Evaluate and recommend planning strategies to develop, implement and sustain the Joint Force Headquarters Strategic Plan.
- Conduct statewide analysis for strategic planning, re-engineering issues, and program integration.
- Keep abreast of technical advances in the test and evaluation field, analyze and recommend adjustments and changes to policies, programs and projects to improve operations and efficiencies throughout the state.
- Provide direction and guidance to directors and staff in enhancement measurement tools and management improvement ideas.
- Conduct and oversee the completion of detailed studies in response to the state Adjutant General and Chief Joint Staff requests and prepare executive summaries, information papers, and briefings for internal and external audiences.
- Provide oversight on the coordination and administration of activities and programs which integrate military and non-military agencies and international programs as directed by NGB, Combatant Commanders (CoComs), Department of State, and other appropriate tasking authorities.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/485333500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.