Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
This position is part of the Army Civilian Training, Education, and Development System (ACTEDS) and is a CIVILIAN position with the Department of Army. The incumbent will serve as a Computer Scientist trainee with the US Army Space and Missile Defense Command (SMDC).
- This is a Career Program (CP) #16 position.
- Position(s) will be filled under the Department of the Army Pathways Recent Graduates Program.
To be eligible for conversion to a permanent or term position, Recent Graduates must:
- Successfully complete at least 2-years of continuous service in addition to all requirements of the Program.
- Demonstrate successful job performance.
- Meet the Office of Personnel Management's qualifications for the position to which the Recent Graduate will be converted.
Who May Apply:
Positions are open to:
- Recent graduates who have completed, within the previous two years (or will complete no later than December 2017), a qualifying associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution.
- Preference eligible veterans who were precluded from applying due to their military service obligation begin their two-year eligibility period upon release or discharge from active duty. Eligibility for these veterans cannot exceed six years after degree or certificate completion.
As a Computer Scientist(INTERN) you will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Assist in the development of computer hardware and software for computer based systems.
- Assist in the development of test programs and diagnostic procedures for computer hardware and software.
- Assist in identifying host computer requirements to produce or maintain computer command and control systems.
- Evaluate system security requirements to aid in the design of a system that will resist established or projected threats.
- Analyze output data to ensure accuracy of computer software and compliance of hardware operations with design specifications.
Occasional travel - Up to 25% business travel required.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Recent Graduates
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/485329900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.