CONNECTICUT ARMY NATIONAL GUARDLearn more about this agency
TECHNICIAN VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
DUTY LOCATION: Theater Aviation Sustainment Maintenance Group (TASMG), Groton, CT
JOB SUMMARY: The primary purpose of this position is to establish functional requirements derived from the NGB On Condition Maintenance (OCM) and sustainment maintenance, to include limited Depot Repair Programs. OCM and sustainment level repairs are cost effective programs to enhance the readiness, availability, and ability to extend Army aircraft life well into the 21st century.
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Connecticut Army National Guard.
AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
Area 1: All currently employed full-time permanent and indefinite personnel of the Connecticut Army National Guard.
Area 2: All currently employed full-time temporary technician personnel and all current traditional members of the Connecticut Army National Guard.
The major duties include, but are not limited to:
- On a regular and recurring basis, leads 5-7 aircraft mechanics, crew chiefs, and specialist personnel performing work on the aircraft production maintenance floor.
- Monitors the work of assigned personnel, sets the pace, passes along assignments, and assures that materials, tools, equipment, and stock are available.
- Insures that assigned personnel are fully utilized and work is accomplished in accordance with established time frames and priorities.
- Advises the supervisor of overall work operations, status and progress of work, causes for delays, problems encountered, and individual performance (e.g., additional on-the-job training requirements for individual employees).
- Works along with aircraft mechanics and specialist personnel performing journeyman work as required.
PHYSICAL EFFORT: Work requires moderate physical exertion to climb, stand, stoop, bend, stretch and work in tiring and uncomfortable positions. Lifts equipment and components weighing from 20 to 50 pounds and may occasionally lift and carry items weighing up to 100 pounds.
Occasional travel - Subject to supervisor discretion and funding availability
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Agency Employee - See Area of Consideration
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/485310600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.