Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
This is a Natural Resources Manager, GS-0401-12 position with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Fort Worth District, Operations Division in Dawson, TX.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Military Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473
- Non-Appropriated Fund Instrumentality (NAFI)
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
Learn more about this agency
You will serve as a Natural Resources Manager for the Regional office responsible for multi-purpose lake offices located throughout Texas. You will develop and implement a variety of complex and sometimes controversial natural resource management and protection programs that include fish and wildlife management, soil conservation, forestry and vegetation management, fire protection, cultural resources protection, flood damage reduction and resolution of encroachments on public lands. Typical duties of the position include but are not limited to:
- Establishing and overseeing recreation and natural resource programs on project lands and waters.
- Inspecting land and water resources to prevent unauthorized use, trespassing or destruction of property.
- Implementing water safety, physical security, and fire protection programs.
- Coordinating and managing operations and management of recreation.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates and VEOA Eligibles
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/485229400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.