This position is located within the Department of Energy (DOE), Office of Corporate Human Resources Operations (OCHRO), Shared Service Center (SSC) located in Pittsburg, PA or Morgantown, WV. The Shared Service Center (SSC) for Science & Energy provides technical oversight and direction for effective and efficient delivery of Human Resources (HR) products and services. The incumbent serves as the Senior HR Business Partner for the Human Resources Advisory Center (HRAO) and ensures exceptional customer service through effective and efficient HR products and service delivery.Learn more about this agency
A successful candidate in this position will provide direction and oversight of the Human Resources advisory services to multiple DOE organizations with diverse mission requirements and complex reporting structures.
The successful candidate will have a choice of duty locations: Pittsburg, PA or Morgantown, WV.
As a Supervisory Human Resources Specialist, you will:
- Furnish strategic Human Resources (HR) consulting services and offer authoritative guidance on difficult, unusual, or unprecedented circumstances arising from organizational challenges and opportunities across the Department of Energy (DOE) HR programs.
- Ensure work products submitted to the Shared Service Center (SSC) arrive in a ready to work state. Evaluate business processes and procedures to ensure effective and efficient delivery of HR products and services. Keep the SSC Director abreast of significant organizational challenges that may be controversial or adversely affect the HR service delivery. Participate with top-level managers and key operating officials to advise on program operations and coordinate program changes and special projects.
- Responsible for the full range of supervisory duties directing a program with significant resources. Oversee contractor work and decide whether it meets an acceptable level of performance. Determine ways to be more efficient and effective office and improve practices within the office.
25% or less - Travel may be required to attend meetings and/or conferences.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
- Current Federal employee with competitive status
- Former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility
- CTAP/ICTAP eligibles
- Veterans with VOW, VEOA or VRA eligibility
- Those eligible under an OPM interchange agreement or special appointing authority
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/485227600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.