Join Team DCMA -- Challenge yourself!
The Defense Contract Management Agency serves as the independent eyes and ears of the Department of Defense (DoD) and its partners, delivering actionable acquisition insight from the factory floor to the front line around the world. We are an independent combat support agency within the DoD. We are the Department's contract manager, responsible for ensuring Federal acquisition programs, supplies, and services are delivered on time, within cost and meet performance requirements.
Who May Apply:
- Current Federal Employee
- Veterans and Preference Eligible under Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
- Reinstatement Eligible
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) Eligible
- Develops and transmits protocol policy and procedures for the Commander and Coordinates and consolidates initiatives, plans, and actions for the command into an integrated protocol program.
- Interprets Department of Defense (DoD) and Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) protocol regulations and policies and revises local protocol programs as needed and Prepares executive summaries and after action reports evaluating effectiveness of arrangements and proposed recommendations for future functions.
- Provides recommendations and assists in the establishment of an effective protocol policy addressing the special needs of Joint Systems Manufacturing Center (JSMC) Leadership; Assistance provided must always exhibit total professionalism, tact, diplomacy, and ensure a favorable impression, and absolute successful conclusion.
- Independently plans, coordinates, and executes all protocol aspects for domestic and international distinguished visitors to include: General/Flag Officers, Senior Executive Service members; Congressional members and senior staffers; State legislators; local elected leaders; international dignitaries; and private sector executives.
- Assures that arrangements and details are tailored to fit the needs of each case, considering the particulars of the visitor's country, position, culture, and diplomatic code and ensures that topics covered relate to the purpose of the visit and that follow-up actions are taken appropriately.
- Completes complex, time sensitive projects and assignments for the command group that include drafting policy memorandums, performing operational investigations, researching and analyzing data for reports and whitepapers, serving as command representative on various committees or teams and various analytical tasks.
- Performs Equipment Manager (EM) responsibilities such as technical analysis of the maintenance, utilization, and preservation of installation mobile equipment to include non-tactical vehicles (cars, pick-up trucks, etc.), material handling equipment, construction equipment, rail equipment and other plant equipment by the operating contractor.
Occasional travel - Business travel 10% of the time
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles)
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/485198400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.