This position is part of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. The incumbent will serve as a Supervisory Interdisciplinary.Learn more about this agency
Mission Statement: The Joint Staff assists the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff in accomplishing his responsibilities for: the unified strategic direction of the combatant forces; their operation under unified command; and for their integration into an efficient team of land, naval, and air forces. The Joint Staff is composed of approximately equal numbers of officers from the Army, Navy and Marine Corps, and Air Force. In practice, the Marines make up about 20 percent of the number allocated to the Navy.
Mission Statement: J6 serves the Chairman, develops C4/Cyber capability requirements and facilitates on behalf of the Joint Force in order to: Deliver a sustained information advantage; enable decision and action at the speed of the problem; and ensure the Warfighter receives jointly integrated and effective capabilities necessary to conduct operations.
As a Supervisory Interdisciplinary at the GS-0855/1515/0854/1550-15 some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Responsible for requirements identification, tracking, program plan development, technology identification, resource management, infrastructure operations and maintenance, and facilities for the C4 Assessments Division.
- Provides oversight for subprograms in the areas of telecommunications management, video systems, project engineering, information security, Web/Database engineering, systems engineering, architectures, industry and academic outreach, and project management.
- Manages work requiring expertise in the identification acquisition, evaluation and implementation of advanced information systems technology in support of applications of such technology to joint and combined organizational structures as required by Combatant Commanders, Services, and Agencies involved in joint/combined warfighting.
- Manages professional and administrative effort by colleagues, subordinates and contractors that support multi disciplinary project teams.
- Serves as the supervisor for the civilian and military personnel (GS-14 Interdisciplinary Positions, GS-12 and GS-13 Project Leads and Communications Officer assigned to the Technical Integration and Services Branch.
- Provides government oversight to contractors and other government employees working in support of the division.
- Assigns work to subordinates based on priorities, selective consideration of the difficulty and requirements of assignments, and the capabilities of employees.
- Evaluates work performance of subordinates.
- Recommending awards or bonuses for personnel and changes in positions classification, subject to approval by the C4 Assessments Division Chief.
- Gives advice, counsel, or instruction to employees on both work and administrative matters.
- Interviews candidates for positions in the unit; recommends appointment, promotion, or reassignment to such positions.
- -Develops performance standards.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining internal and external communications channels and information flow between assessment/experiment participants (e.g. services, battle labs, JTF components} supporting agencies (e.g. DISA, NSA, and DIA) and customers (i.e. Combatant Commanders).
- Responsible for ensuring that projects are planned and engineered as interoperable and compatible components of the Department of Defense (DoD) Joint Command and Control System-of-Systems Architecture.
- Responsible for ensuring projects are interoperable and compatible components of the Joint Information Environment or other DoD approved architectures.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…This announcement is open to: Current Civilian Joint Staff Employees in the Competitive Service; Displaced employees (Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan - ICTAP eligible) within the Local Commuting Area; and individuals eligible for the following Special Appointing Authorities: Veterans with a disability rating of 30% or more, Veterans Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA) and Individuals with Disabilities.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/485166000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.