When disaster strikes, America looks to FEMA. Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.Learn more about this agency
The Federal Disaster Recovery Coordinator (FDRC) will lead and coordinate the timely delivery of all Federal Disaster Recovery assistance to support the commonwealth, local governments and affected communities in the aftermath of Hurricane Maria in Puerto Rico.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
This position is a Limited Term Senior Executive Service (SES) position for a three year period. A Limited Term SES is appointed under a nonrenewable appointment for a term of three years or less to an SES position the duties of which will expire at the end of such term.
In this position you will serve as the Federal Disaster Recovery Coordinator in the aftermath of Hurricane Maria in Puerto Rico and implement the National Disaster Recovery Framework and related functions. Typical duties include, but are not limited to:
- Facilitating disaster recovery coordination and collaboration between the federal interagency and tribal, state, and local governments, the private sector, and voluntary, faith based and community organizations.
- Leading the development of a Strategic Recovery Support Strategy for diasters involving complex recovery activities.
- Coordinating federal interagency, local governments, and relevant non-governmental orgnizations to ensure proper disaster recovery support functions.
- Managing external relations and media affairs.
- Establishing partnerships with and supporting the Puerto Rico Recovery Coordinator and the Local Recovery Managers to facilitate disaster recovery.
75% or less - This position may require extensive travel throughout Puerto Rico.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
- U.S. Citizens - All Qualified U.S. Citizens
- View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/485161800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.