TEXAS MILITARY DEPARTMENT
DUTY: Bear true faith and allegiance to the state and nation; cultivate an environment for all to excel; prepare mentally, physically and spiritually to deploy at home and abroad.
HONOR: Hold the public trust in the highest regard; exceed standards and expectations; act with understanding, innovation, resourcefulness, flexibility and urgency. Do all you can, where you are, with what you have and always place the welfare of those you lead first.
TEXAS: Embrace the courageous spirit of our people, history and culture.
This position is located at the 149th MAI SQ, Kelly AFB, San Antonio, Texas. The purpose of this position is to supervise employees who install, modify, overhaul, maintain, troubleshoot, repair, align, calibrate, and rebuild multi-system avionics complexes consisting of multiple completely integrated electronic avionics systems where the complex accomplishes a number of major functions.
Appointment Factors: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment.
Area of Consideration: In-State Only. This includes:
- All currently employed full-time permanent, indefinite, and temporary personnel of the Texas Air National Guard
- All current members of the Texas Air National Guard.
- Announcement is open until filled, not to exceed one year. Applicants will be referred after 30 days unless otherwise requested by the selecting unit but no sooner than 10 days after opening.
- The Texas National Guard is an Equal Opportunity employer.
- Veterans' preference is not applicable to this position.
Electronic Integrated Systems Mechanic Supervisor
- Serves as section supervisor, exercising supervisory responsibility over assigned integrated systems repair and maintenance work operations.
- Investigates work related problems such as excessive costs or low productivity and determines causes; implements corrective actions, within authority, to resolve work problems.
- Supports and explains management programs to subordinates.
- Implements safety regulatory requirements.
- Prepares for and participates in various types of readiness evaluations, inspections, mobilization and command support exercises.
The full Position Description (PD) can be found at the following link:
Who May Apply
This job is open to…In-State/TX (See Areas of Consideration), Texas Air National Guard Membership is Required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/485129300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.