WHAT DOES AN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST (SYSTEMS ACCEPTABILITY TESTER, (SAT))DO? An Information Technology (IT) Specialist (Systems Acceptability Tester) SAT uses a wide variety of information, knowledge, and tools to address complex system analysis and applications software assignments each day. In this role, you will be involved in conducting systems analysis to design, document, develop, modify, test, install, implement, and support new or existing applications software products within the IRS. Many of these assignments may be broad (possibly national) in scope, and/or involve difficult and complex issues. As an IT Specialist, you are responsible for the development of components of national projects and eventually, may be called upon to lead significant projects assigned to your unit. The position requires (extensive-depending on the level of position) experience in enterprise-wide application solutions based on the business and users requirements.Learn more about this agency
WHAT IS THE IRS INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY DIVISION?
The mission of IRS Information Technology is to provide leadership in the delivery of information technology solutions that anticipate and meet enterprise-wide needs by empowering employees to deliver customer-centered, value-creating systems, products, services, and support.
Positions are located in Information Technology (IT), Enterprise Services (ES). Five (5) vacancies total to be filled. Two (2) vacancies to be filled in the Filing and Pay Compliance Testing Branch. One (1) vacancy to be filled in the Test Program Management and Center of Excellence Branch. One (1) vacancy to be filled in the Masterfile Processing Testing Branch. One (1) vacancy to be filled in the Customer Service and Financial Services Testing branch. Selectees will remain in their current post of duty.
As a Information Technology Specialist (SA/AS) Systems Acceptability Tester, you will:
- Plan, develop, schedule and conduct systems acceptability tests of modernization and production systems; including Tier I and Tier II applications for mission critical tax processing and internal support systems.
- Provide technical guidance during a significant project in designing, coding, testing, debugging, and maintaining programs; translating and interpreting functional requirements.
- Translate and interpret functional requirements involved with the local phase of national project.
- Apply computer assisted software engineering (CASE) tools to the design and development process.
- Test, install, implement, document and maintain software during a significant local project or as needed to support applications which have a broad impact.
- Provide guidance to less experienced coworkers in solving programming problems.
- Maintain source code; and modify and/or upgrade code as necessary as needed to support applications which have a broad impact.
Occasional travel - Travel 1-5 nights per month may be required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…This vacancy is REMAIN IN POD opened to:
-Current IRS Internal/Agency Employees
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/485119600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.