Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER), Office of Pharmaceutical Quality (OPQ) in the following Offices:
Office of Lifecycle Drug Product (OLDP); Office of New Drug Products (ONDP); Office of Process and Facilities (OPF).
Who May Apply: This is an internal agency vacancy which is open to current FDA employees and PHS Commissioned Officers only.
PHS Commissioned Corps Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps may apply online to this announcement. Candidates will be referred to (CC) personnel and not as candidates for conversion to a permanent career or career-conditional appointment.
You must verify that you are a current FDA employee or PHS Commissioned Officer, therefore, your most recent SF-50 will be required.
Failure to submit the required documents will result in loss of consideration. Examples of required documents are: Most recent Promotion or With-in-Grade Increase SF-50 and the SF-50 that reflects the highest grade you held, transcripts and other required supporting documents.
First time supervisors/managers are required to serve a one year supervisor/managerial probationary period.
Additional selections may be made within the same geographical area FDA-wide.
As a Supervisory Interdisciplinary Scientist, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Plans, manages, organizes, and directs regulatory review operations, programs, functions, and activities of the Branch. Addresses and solves unusual and often precedent-setting problems associate with the Branch's regulatory reviews activities.
- Provides authoritative advice and assessments of the impact of actual and proposed actions on the program segment, functions, and activities of the Branch.
- Identifies new scientific initiatives and innovation opportunities in order to prevent poor quality products and/or manufacturing stoppage.
- Prepares and delivers briefing to Center Director and other internal stakeholders. Collaborates with the stakeholders (e.g. OPQ, CDER, ORA, CDRH) on strategies pertaining to the overall assessment of submissions.
- Obtains resource and identifies strategic objectives for the organization.
- Directs implementation of new laws and regulations that affect the mission of the Division and have the potential to impact changes in FDA guidance, processes, and procedures.
- Keeps staff informed of new scientific developments, laws, policies, and objectives that affect Division programs and activities.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Agency Employees Only - Appearing on USAJOBS
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/485095400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.