This position is located in the Enterprise Administration Branch of the Technical Support Division (TSD) within Client Technology Services (CTS). The mission of TSD is to design, lead and manage the USDA end-user environment and oversee the Information Technology (IT) enterprise that provides all backend authentications and authorization services and manage the day-to-day operations of these critical infrastructure services. TSD provides and maintains comprehensive operational support and technical assistance relating to these services within CTS supported agencies and for agencies and offices across the USDA enterprise.Learn more about this agency
This vacancy allows the work to be performed from most Service Center Agency offices across the United States.
As an IT Specialist in the Enterprise Administration Branch, you will:
- Serve as a senior Client Technology Services (CTS) Systems Administrator for Microsoft operating system computer platforms and data communications networks.
- Maintain the Enterprise Active Directory and CTS supported agency infrastructure for Microsoft Windows operating system enterprise infrastructure through the use of various enterprise management tools.
- Serve as a technical expert for the design, acquisition, implementation, and operation of all types of Microsoft operating system computing platforms and related Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) software and systems.
- Determine hardware, software, and data communication configurations based on review and analysis of user functional requirements. Resolve critical equipment, programming, and telecommunications interface issues.
- Work with other offices in the preparation of IT strategic and tactical plans, working within established USDA and CTS policies, priorities, program objectives, and field user requirements.
- Provide guidance and support coordination efforts for the entire information engineering process for all development, design, and implementation tasks within CTS's IT Architecture.
25% or less - May be required to travel 1 to 5 nights per month
Who May Apply
This job is open to…1. Current USDA employees who are qualifying as Status Eligibles, currently serving on a V.R.A. appointment, or on an appointment through the program for the employment of disabled individuals
2. CTAP eligibles, OR
3. Land Management employees eligible under Public Law 114-47.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/484998400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.