Join Team DCMA -- Challenge yourself!
The Defense Contract Management Agency serves as the independent eyes and ears of the Department of Defense (DoD) and its partners, delivering actionable acquisition insight from the factory floor to the front line around the world. We are an independent combat support agency within the DoD. We are the Department's contract manager, responsible for ensuring Federal acquisition programs, supplies, and services are delivered on time, within cost and meet performance requirements.
The pay band NH-04 includes the General Schedule grade equivalent to GS-14/15.
Other initiatives under the Acquisition Demonstration Project include simplified classification, streamlined hiring process and expanded developmental opportunities.
Who May Apply:
- Current Department of Defense Employee
- Serves as the principal advisor to the Contract Management Office Director in the implementation and execution of contracting policies, plans, programs and procedures relating to all aspects of contract administration services in Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) 42.302 and the Defense FAR Supplement.
- Develops and implements direction and guidance pertaining to all aspects of the contracting process.
- Provides technical assistance, expertise, and oversight for all subordinates in administering delegated contracts.
- Serves as senior managerial, advisory, and technical functionary for the Contracts Group and is responsible for monitoring continuity of operations, leadership, and direction for all aspects of the CMO contracting mission.
- Carries out a variety of duties as supervisor of direct staff; i.e., assigns work to be performed; sets priorities and deadlines; develops standards and evaluates performance; gives advice and counsel on both work and administrative matters; hears and resolves complaints, referring those of serious, unresolved nature as appropriate; interviews and selects candidates to fill vacancies; effects minor disciplinary measures, such as warnings and reprimands; identifies developmental and training needs; develops methods to improve production and quality of the work directed.
Occasional travel - Business Travel is required 25% of the time.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Agency Employees Only - Appearing on USAJOBS
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/484983600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.