Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
Army Cyber Command (ARCYBER) is looking for people who are passionate about what they do, and who thrive in a culture of innovation. They are elite, trusted professionals dedicated to protecting and defending the Nation in cyberspace. Using cutting-edge technologies, they operate and defend all Army networks. They are also part of a Joint Service and whole-of-government team working to ensure the security, reliability, and resiliency of cyberspace. ARCYBER fosters a culture of innovation where creativity and passion are encouraged and rewarded. As an Information Technology Project Manager (Network) you will coordinate on important issues that will have a significant impact on Cyber across the Department of the Army and the Department of Defense. If you enjoy a challenge and operating in a fast paced environment, then this is the position for you.
Positions filled in the National Capital Region will relocate to Fort Gordon, GA on/about 2020, but no later than 2022.
This is a permanent position.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- 30 Percent or More Disabled Veterans
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Non-Appropriated Fund Instrumentality (NAFI)
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Interchange Agreement Eligible
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
As an Information Technology Project Manager (Network) , you will be responsible for the following:
- Formulates information technology (IT) projects for networked systems, using the Project Management Framework.
- Evaluates advanced IT equipment for developing new criteria/guides.
- Integrates new software into existing architecture of networked systems.
- Develops innovative solutions to solve difficult network problems.
- Implements automation plans to meet policy/operational requirements for the networked systems.
- Develops backup/recovery procedures for networked systems.
Occasional travel - 20% Business Travel is required.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates, VEOA Eligibles, ICTAP, Military Spouses
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/484957900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.