This National Guard position is for a Supervisory Aerial Refueling Technician (Instructor), Position Description Number D2299000 and is part of the NJ 141st ARS, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
As a Supervisory Aerial Refueling Technician (Instructor), GS-2185-11, you will:
- Prepare the assigned flying unit for Operational Readiness Inspections (ORI)
- Perform post flight inspection on aircraft systems and preparing of report and documentation
- Perform self-inspection and presents detailed and comprehensive report with any corrective action taken
- Advise and provide counsel to employees regarding policies, procedures, and directives of management
- Hold employees responsible for satisfactory completion of work assignments
- Recommend awards when appropriate and approves withingrade increases
- Plan, organize, and direct the activities of the aerial refueling section
- Establish policies and procedures for accomplishment of aerial refueling function
- Identify need for changes in priorities and takes action to implement such changes
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/484934500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.