The Board performs the adjudicatory functions of its executive branch counterparts, such as: the Federal Labor Relations Authority (FLRA); the Merit Systems Protection Board (MSPB); the Office of Special Counsel (OSC); and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). The variety of cases handled by the PAB offers a unique opportunity for Board Members to preside over complex legal and personnel issues covering a wide range of federal employment and labor law.Learn more about this agency
PLEASE NOTE: Current federal employees are subject to the limitations outlined in 5 U.S.C 5533, regarding dual pay from more than one position.
Subject to 31 U.S.C. 751, current or former employees of the Government Accountability Office, Architect of the Capitol, Botanic Gardens or Senate Restaurants are ineligible to apply.
For more information about the PAB, see the web site: PAB
The PAB is composed of five members appointed as administrative judges by the Comptroller General, to hear and make final decisions on complaints filed by GAO employees or applicants for employment with GAO. The Board considers and orders corrective or disciplinary action in cases involving:
- an appeal from a removal;
- suspensions of more than 14 days;
- reductions in grade or pay;
- furlough of not more than 30 days;
- a prohibited personnel practice;
- a decision on the appropriateness of an unit of employees for collective bargaining;
- an election or certification of a collective bargaining representative;
- certain labor-management relations issues;
- an action involving discrimination; and
- personnel-related issues that the Comptroller General by regulation decides are for PAB resolution.
The Personnel Appeals Board also is charged by statute with oversight of equal employment opportunity at GAO.
Board members work an intermittent schedule, rarely exceeding 480 hours per year.
For more information regarding the job's requirements please contact Susan Inzeo, PAB Executive Director, at (202) 512-7516 or email InzeoS@gao.gov.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All qualified U.S. Citizens.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/484907500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.