This job announcement closing date was changed from Monday, December 11, 2017 to Monday, December 18, 2017 due to the USAJOBS testing.Learn more about this agency
This vacancy is for a Survey Statistician position in the Education Demographic, Geographic, and Economic Statistics Branch, Economic Reimbursable Surveys Division, located at the U.S. Census Bureau Headquarters in Suitland, Maryland. The Census Bureau is accessible from the Metro Rail Green Line – Suitland Station.
A probationary period may be required.
This position is ELIGIBLE for telework; additional criteria will be required (e.g., supervisory approval).
This is a NON-BARGAINING unit position.
Relocation expenses may be paid.
The individual selected for this position will:
- Design new demographic and economic data products and production methods to support education research and policy using large scale survey data (i.e., American Community Survey and other large datasets from the U.S. Census Bureau).
- Develop project plans to include processing data, reviewing tabulations, and developing research agendas.
- Collaborate with program sponsor on data needs and analytic products.
- Lead and/or participate on teams to move the teams toward the completion of defined goals.
- Communicate with superiors, co-workers, subordinates, other government personnel, respondents, data users, and non-governmental representatives.
Occasional travel - Occasional Travel may be required.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Current Department of Commerce employees (includes any Bureau under Commerce) on a permanent competitive appointment; Current Department of Commerce employee (includes any Bureau under Commerce) on a term, temporary or excepted service appointment with reinstatement eligibility; and Surplus and displaced Commerce employee (CTAP).
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/484903500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.