The purpose of this position is to serve as an Auditor in the Office of the Special Inspector General for the Trouble Asset Relief Program (SIGTARP) Forensic Audit Division. The incumbent is a member of a team of auditors and program analyst that accomplish objectives in all phases of the audit cycle: planning, executing, reporting, and ensuring the proper application of audit techniques; develops and applies audit techniques of some complexity to accomplish audit objectives related to the team's conduct of performance and financial related audits.Learn more about this agency
The following are the duties of this position at the GS-13. If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will received training to help you grow into this position.
- Plan, execute, report, and ensure proper application of audit techniques.
- Develop and apply audit techniques of some complexity to accomplish audit objectives related to the team’s conduct of performance and financial related audits.
- Conduct valid and reliable research to analyst internal and external information to assess risk factors and identify high-risk areas.
- Independently identify, develop, and quantify audit outcomes for findings and recommendations that result in cost savings, program improvements, or revenue enhancements.
- Evaluate complex systems, controls and information, and provide sufficient, competent and reliable evidence to support audit issues on integrity situations.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All candidates who are:
Current or former federal employees qualifying as Status Candidates, VEOA eligibles, CTAP/ICTAP eligible, or eligible for special hiring authorities (e.g., the Schedule A appointment for persons with disabilities, or covered by an Interchange Agreement).
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/484881700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.