Natick Contracting Division (NCD) is a full service contracting organization managing integrated acquisition from research and development through production and post production services. As part of US Army Contracting Command, NCD's expertise is utilized by all of the Armed Services, but in particular we provide contracting support to key Program Executive Offices and Program Managers supporting the U.S. Army's major acquisition programs. We contract for major soldier support systems ranging from uniforms and individual equipment to air drop delivery, as well as, critical technologies such as Chemical/Biological agent detection and protection and Unmanned Aircraft Systems. Beyond equipment, we also support procurement efforts for critical medical programs such as Traumatic Brain Injury research. As an integral part of the US Army team, NCD strives to implement world class best practices in procurement to ensure the sustainment, survivability and success of the 21st century warfighter.
The Full Performance Level: 11
Who May Apply: U.S. CitizensLearn more about this agency
The incumbent of this position will serve as a Contract Specialist working for the Natick Contracting Division. You will be responsible for providing support to contracting officers in all facets of the acquisition process. Specifically, you will:
- Prepare and issue solicitations, evaluate proposals, perform cost/price analysis, negotiate contract terms and/or modifications and make contract awards.
- Monitor contractor performance, respond to protests and/or congressional inquiries.
- Utilize automated tools to perform contracting functions and perform contract closeout documentation.
- Determine methods of procurement, either formally advertised or negotiated; you will prepare procurement plans and necessary justifications and/or determinations and findings.
- Perform pre-solicitation activities, source selection or best value evaluations, contract award, and contract administration for non- complex contracts.
- Understand/apply current acquisition principles, regulations, acquisition reform/streamlining, and other acquisition related areas.
- Monitor contractor performance in relation to the completion schedule required by the contract, insuring timely submission of technical progress reports.
- Meet the acquisition related needs of serviced customers.
Occasional travel - Business Travel up to 10%.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/484856400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.