Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
Fort Leavenworth is located in the Greater Kansas City metropolitan area. Kansas City, well known for its BBQ and Jazz, is rich in culture with a thriving performing arts scene. For the sports enthusiasts, Kansas City hosts professional sports with the Royals, Chiefs and Sporting Kansas City soccer club. An international airport is conveniently located within a 30 minute drive of Fort Leavenworth. More information may be found at www.visitkc.com or https://garrison.leavenworth.army.mil/.
About the Position: This position serves as a primary editor for the Military Review (MR), The Professional Journal of the U.S. Army and as supporting editor for other Army University Press (AUP) manuscripts.
- Moving expenses are NOT authorized, based on a determination that a move is not in the Government's interest.
- Recruitment relocation and/or retention incentives are NOT being offered for this position.
- This a term position not-to-exceed (NTE) 13 months. It is time-limited and may be extended up to a maximum of six years. This position may be converted to a permanent career or career-conditional appointment without further competition as long as all requirements are met.
- This is an obligated position. An obligated position is one to which an employee has statutory restoration rights or entitlement based on active military service, recovery from a compensable injury, or return rights based on an overseas tour. You will be asked to sign an agreement acknowledging that you are aware of the obligation and willing to be displaced under reduction in force procedures upon the return of the former incumbent.
- Edits all material for compliance with appropriate standards of English grammar, usage and style in accordance with The Chicago Manual of Style, and other authoritative guides.
- Edits material for consistency of information within the document and with previous publications.
- Edits material in order to eliminate ambiguities.
- Reorganizes and restructures material to meet stylistic requirements and to improve logical flow.
- Researches article topics when needed to verify facts.
- Establishes calendar of publication dates and develops priority list for scheduled publications on online only manuscripts.
- Communicates complex information, concepts, and ideas to a range of audiences.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…US Citizens
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/484787100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.