THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a SMALL ARMS REPAIRER, Position Description Number D1227000 and is part of theMI CSMS, National Guard.
Learn more about this agency
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
SMALL ARMS REPAIRER, WG-6610-9
This position is located in the Joint Forces Headquarters-State, Logistics Directorate (J-4), Surface Maintenance Facility. The purpose of this position is perform maintenance, repair, and inspections on small arms and related devices. The primary purposes are to provide maintenance repair and accurization of national match weapons.
(1) Performs accurization of national match weapons (pistols, rifles, and light machine guns) on a limited basis.
(2) Disassembles weapons, assemblies, subassemblies and other components.
(3) Performs overhaul, maintenance, and repair on a variety of small arms.
(4) Uses micrometer to measure altered tolerances and makes additional adjustments as required.
(5) Is responsible for accountability, storage and security of arms and other sensitive items while they are kept for repair, usually in vaults with limited access.
(6) May serve as a commodity inspector during Command Maintenance Management evaluations (COMET) or as a member of a Maintenance Assistance Instruction Team (MAIT).
(7) Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…U.S. Citizens. Area 1 - Open to current, permanent technicians of the Michigan National Guard. Area 2 - Open to current members of the Michigan National Guard.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/484749000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.