**Should the need arise, more than one position may be filled**Learn more about this agency
This Term Appointment will initially be for a three-year period, but may be extended for a total of five years. Should the need arise, this position may be made permanent without further competition.
As an employee on a Term Appointment, you will not acquire competitive status and you will not be covered by the agency's Interchange Agreement with the Office of Personnel Management, which allows for noncompetitive transfer from CNCS to other agencies in the competitive service of the federal government. More information about interchange agreements can be found HERE.
This position is located in the California State Office within the Office of Field Liaison, Department of the Chief of Program Operations, Corporation for National and Community Service (Corporation), Los Angeles, CA.
We are the Corporation for National and Community Service, a federal agency that helps millions of Americans improve the lives of their fellow citizens through service. Working hand in hand with local partners, we tap the ingenuity and can-do spirit of the American people to tackle some of the most pressing challenges facing our nation.
We invest in thousands of nonprofit and faith-based groups that are making a difference across the country. We are AmeriCorps, Senior Corps, the Social Innovation Fund, the Volunteer Generation Fund, and more. We serve, we build, and we make an impact that changes lives and communities.
National service is a cost-effective solution that taps the power of citizens to get things done. We multiply the impact of our investment by generating hundreds of millions of non-federal dollars, mobilizing millions of additional volunteers, and operating with a high degree of accountability and efficiency.
Volunteering and national service are vital and cost-effective solutions to our nation's most-difficult challenges. The Corporation for National and Community Service stands ready to help Americans tackle these challenges and build a better future for our people, neighborhoods, and nation.
Employer of National Service
As an Employer of National Service, CNCS is committed to providing job opportunities to national service participants. Accordingly, qualified AmeriCorps members (current and former), returned Peace Corps volunteers and other national service participants are encouraged to apply to our positions.
The incumbent will manage a portfolio of AmeriCorps VISTA and Senior Corps projects for the state of California, and will be an active participant in furthering the mission and goals of the Corporation. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Assists current and potential sponsors in planning, designing, and submitting grant applications consistent with CNCS guidance.
- Assures portfolio records are well organized and comply with office requirements; annually reviews, promotes and implements CNCS program guidance and directives with grantees, sponsors, and key partners; and records project status activities in project management systems.
- Provides technical assistance to project sponsors and monitors project/grants data indicators to affirm compliance with performance measurement requirements.
- Continually reviews and evaluates project operations through on-site compliance monitoring and electronic progress report review and feedback. Researches issues involving AmeriCorps VISTA member and Senior Corps program management, individual performance and conduct issues as assigned and upon supervisory approval, provides feedback relative to resolving such issues. Seeks guidance of colleagues to help meet customer needs.
- Under leadership of the State Program Director, fosters a collaborative relationship with CNCS-funded partners within the state. On occasion, may represent CNCS/State Office on assignments such as national projects/competitions, volunteer recruitment, community collaborations, and other public events; planning and serving as a resource in outreach efforts to new and diverse service providers; participating in state-wide conferences; supporting training events for AmeriCorps VISTA and Senior Corps projects; and participating in on-site monitoring of CNCS-funded initiatives or projects outside of AmeriCorps VISTA and Senior Corps.
- Serves in a non-leadership role on cluster or national review teams and work groups in order to fulfill State Office requirements and gain familiarity with CNCS' various streams of service, their legal and regulatory foundation, and operational procedures. Completes State Office program and fiscal reporting requirements as may be assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…US Citizens and Status Candidates
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/484700200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.