OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?Learn more about this agency
Special Employment Consideration: VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply, including those eligible for hiring under 5 CFR 213.3102(u), Schedule A, Appointment of persons with disabilities [i.e., intellectual disabilities, severe physical disabilities, or psychiatric disabilities], and/or Disabled veterans with a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more. Contact the Agency Contact for information on how to apply under this appointment authority via the Selective Placement Coordinator.
The incumbent serves as ta working Lead IT Specialist providing senior level customers support services to users and organizations at the assigned facility. Serves as consultant in specialty areas that concern a variety of functional operations and provides technical assistance, advice and training related to hardware and software operation to employees and customers. Is the primary source of technical information and support on the evaluations, installation, acquisition and use of PC hardware and software to accomplish assigned functions. Installs upgrades and gives technical support on ure of PC hardware and software.
- Establishes the customer support function for such things as support level, problem resolution/referral procedures and vendor/new technology awareness through demonstrations and customer information briefings and publications.
- Responsible for planning, designing, and carrying out projects and analyses of the organization's requirements; coordinating, facilitating, or participating on project teams, as a peer, with experts both within and outside the organization.
- Performs special project management and informational briefings as required that effect customer support disciplines.
- Coordinates work with Service Lines as needed to support day to day operations.
- The incumbent oversees the operations and activities of the Tier 2 Level Support.
- Acts as lead desktop support technician providing technical guidance and resolutions to other technicians and customers on complex troubles and projects.
- Defines strategies, establishes goals and timelines for the completion of projects, tasks, and activities as the technical authority, drafting wide range of technical and/or administrative documentation to include contingency plans, risk assessments, feasibility studies, and financial analysis.
- Uses expert knowledge and experience in diagnosing and resolving problems in response to customer reported incidents including installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and maintaining customer hardware and software to train and instruct team members and subordinates.
- Subject matter expert for researching, evaluating, and providing feedback on problematic trends and patterns in customer support requirements.
- Aggregates data from stakeholders, format presentations and creates reports.
- Develops and maintains problem tracking and resolution databases, customer service performance requirements, and customer support policies, procedures, and standards.
- Ensures the rigorous application of information security/information assurance policies, principles, and practices in the delivery of customer support services; Establishes and maintains customer communication in producing positive feedback.
- Responsible for IT asset management to include maintaining AEMR/MERS data integrity, routine validations of assets, reports of survey, and proper data sanitization and equipment turn-in. Inputs acquisition requirements with artifacts for regulatory approval in the Procurement and Acquisition Tool (ITARS).
- Coordinates the escort into secure areas and assures proper security controls for site visits. Manages and maintains the computer room and the network closet equipment and environment, including configuring access ports for connecting user devices to the LAN.
- Provides inputs to all aspects of COOP/disaster recovery planning, testing and execution.
- Develops and manages customer performance requirements and customer support policies and procedures.
- The incumbent leads a team of desktop Information Technology (IT) Specialists, grade levels GS-07, GS-09, and GS-11, engaged in end user customer support work.
- Articulates and communicates to the team the assignment, project, problem to be solved, actionable events, milestones, and/or program issues under review, and deadlines and time frames for completion.
- Intercedes with the supervisor on behalf of the team to inform the supervisor of performance management issues/problems and to recommend/request related actions, such as: assignments, reassignments, promotions, tour of duty changes, peer reviews and performance appraisals.
- Provides guidance over Information Technology security requirements as they pertain to the implementation and extension of information technology system.
- Develops and maintains milestone schedules for projects; recommending changes in direction, design features or schedules as needed. Reviews completed projects and systems specifications to assure performance and on-site readiness criteria are met.
Work schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not Available
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description Title/PD#: Lead IT Specialist (Cust Spt)/ 15295-A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Agency Employees Only - Appearing on USAJOBS
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/484601900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.