Looking for a great place to work? The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is one of the best! In 2016, USACE ranked number two of government large-agency subcomponents! As rated by their employees, USACE supervisors strongly support employee development and opportunities to demonstrate leadership skills, while also maintaining an optimal work/life balance. The Corps offers a team-inspiring and collaborative work environment; providing challenging and rewarding careers across a variety of disciplines.Learn more about this agency
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
You will function as a Mechanical Engineer with the Army Corps of Engineers, Louisville District, Engineering Division, located in Louisville, KY.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
- Serves as a senior Mechanical Engineer, responsible for developing mechanical designs for building construction and performing technical reviews of mechanical designs developed by Architectural-Engineering firms (A-E).
- Performs and reviews mechanical, energy conservation, and life-cycle cost studies and analyses.
- Inspects, tests, trouble-shoots, and commissions building mechanical systems during construction.
- Develops building mechanical system designs, studies, and analyses for assigned projects, including unique, complex and/or novel.
- Reviews completed work and A-E design products on assigned projects for accuracy and compliance with requirements.
- Plans and develops mechanical design or task schedule and budget.
- Works with others to develop a well-integrated and coordinated design package for assigned projects.
- Provides construction support through submittal reviews, inspection, testing, commissioning, and trouble-shooting.
- Visits project sites to assess existing conditions, gather data for application in design/studies, and meet with customers to define/confirm scope of work.
25% or less - 25% TDY may be required.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…US Citizens
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/484571100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.