This National Guard position is for a SUPERVISORY GENERAL SUPPLY SPECIALIST, Position Description Number D1956000and is part of theMI 127 Wing, National Guard.
Learn more about this agency
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
SUPERVISORY GENERAL SUPPLY SPECIALIST, GS-2001-11
This position is located in the Operations Compliance Function, Logistics Readiness Squadron, Mission Support Group, at an ANG Aviation Wing. The primary purpose of this position is to direct the development, coordination, and implementation of procedural changes; to direct the performance of management analysis and compliance for the activities under the jurisdiction of the Logistics Readiness Squadron Commander; direct the squadron readiness and training programs, and to direct resource management and systems management in support of unit mission. Position is responsible for the management, direction, and supervision of employees.
(1) Develops goals and objectives that integrate organizational, supply, transportation and fuels objectives.
(2) Delegates responsibility and authority to subordinates.
(3) Assists in formulating policies, concepts, and procedures to ensure that an effective LRS operation is maintained using personnel, equipment, and funding to support the mission.
(4) Provides management oversight of the Logistics Readiness Squadron training program to ensure the effectiveness of the squadron enlisted on-the-job-training programs.
(5) Maintain a working knowledge of functional manpower requirements and documents, manning levels, and work with respective flight leadership to address staffing concerns.
(6) Ensures coordination with the Global Logistics Support Center and Major Command (MAJCOM) funds managers on the preparation and submission of the General Support Division operating budget.
(7) Develops and implements plans and methods to ensure optimum logistical support for financial operating programs within O & M and Stock Fund.
(8) Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…U.S. Citizens. Area 1 - Open to current, permanent technicians of the Michigan National Guard. Area 2 - Open to current members of the Michigan National Guard. Area 3 - Open to applicants willing and eligible to join the Michigan National Guard (contact a recruiter).
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/484518600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.