WHAT DOES A SENIOR MANAGER DO?Learn more about this agency
As a Senior Manager, generally a manager of managers and accountable to a Senior Executive Service position, you will be responsible for the overall effective operation of a program. You will use your leadership skills and management techniques in the administration, planning, organizing, directing, controlling, and evaluation of activities to support accomplishments in the operation. In this role, you will also be responsible for preparation of annual work plans, semiannual and quarterly work schedules, accession schedules for staffing, production output projections, and other plans and controls for maintaining an efficient program. As a Senior Manager you will direct one of many agency wide efforts to deliver or further support the agency's mission and priorities, and will often times be involved in initiatives with extensive and substantial impact on the Nations taxpayers.
WHAT IS THE IRS INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY DIVISION?
The mission of IRS Information Technology is to provide leadership in the delivery of information technology solutions that anticipate and meet enterprise-wide needs by empowering employees to deliver customer-centered, value-creating systems, products, services, and support.
This is a roster announcement open continuously and allows applicants to apply up to the last cut off date listed in the announcement. The roster will be used to fill positions IT-Wide throughout the next 12 months. We are projecting approximately 75 vacancies may be filled during the life of this roster open period of 11/15/2017 to 08/29/2018 – selections may be made through 12/23/2018. Contingent upon funding and space requirements, one or more vacancies may be filled in the individual PODs listed below as they become available in that location during the life of this roster. Applicants need to apply and be eligible by 11:59 pm Eastern Time (ET) at the close of each of the following cutoff dates to be considered: 11/29/2017, 2/28/2018, 05/29/2018 and 8/29/2018. Applicants may also update their applications by the cut off dates listed.
This Vacancy is REMAINS IN POD opened to Current IRS employees on Career or Career Conditional Appointment
IT-WIDE Selections can be made in any Division under IT. This announcement establishes eligible applicants. All applicants must apply and be eligible (and meet qualifications) at the time the announcement closes.
As a Senior Manager you will:
- Exercise delegated managerial authority to oversee the overall planning, directing, and timely execution of a program, several program segments (each of which is managed through separate subordinate organizational units), or comparable staff functions, including development, assignment, and higher level clearance of goals and objectives for supervisors or managers of subordinate organizational unit or lower organizational levels.
- Approve multi year and longer range work plans developed by the supervisors or managers of subordinate organizational units and subsequently manage the overall work to enhance achievement of the goals and objectives.
- Oversee the revision of long range plans, goals and objectives for the work directed.
- Manage the development of policy changes in response to changes in levels of appropriations or other legislated changes.
- Manage organizational changes throughout the organization directed, or major change to the structure and content of the program or program segments directed.
- Exercise discretionary authority to approve the allocation and distribution of funds in the organizations budget.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…-Current IRS Internal/Agency Employees
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/484489600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.