Looking for a great place to work? The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is one of the best! In 2016, USACE ranked number two of government large-agency subcomponents! As rated by their employees, USACE supervisors strongly support employee development and opportunities to demonstrate leadership skills, while also maintaining an optimal work/life balance. The Corps offers a team-inspiring and collaborative work environment; providing challenging and rewarding careers across a variety of disciplines.
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
Boasting a comfortable climate a great location, historical charm and a variety of resources, the Wilmington area is one of the best places to live in the nation. Wilmington, North Carolina is a coastal town with a population of over 150,000 located between the Cape Fear River and the Atlantic Ocean. Beautiful ocean beaches are located minutes away. Wilmington is a university town and major center for performing arts and entertainment, and is home to varied industries from small independent businesses to major international companies. Housing availability is very good. We have a beautiful natural setting with mild winters, abundant beaches, water activities, golf courses and other amenities, which can be enjoyed by outdoor enthusiasts during all four seasons.
Amended: Job Announcement has been extended to close on 07 December 2017.
Announcement amended to reflect that permanent change of station costs and recruitment/relocation incentive may be authorized.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
- Serves as project engineer for several major mechanical engineering projects associated with the design of floating plant, including seagoing self-propelled hopper dredges, tugboats, barges, survey boats, snagboats and field projects associated with dams, locks, reservoirs, and powerhouses.
- Evaluates work orders in FEM to approve engineering changes that affect fit, form and function.
- Conducts feasibility studies and design solutions, performs complex calculations, prepares designs/specs, and advises other employees/contractors in design/specs of individual systems, components and details.
- Troubleshoots on-site to investigate a problem and develop possible solutions.
- Acts as Deputy Chief, Asset Management Branch.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Current Federal Employees, VRA, VEOA, ICTAP, Military Spouse
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/484485800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.