The employee serves as a Mathematical Statistician in the National Center for Statistics and Analysis (NCSA). In the capacity, the Mathematical Statistician plans and executes analyses designed to improve quantitative knowledge if the causes and results of motor vehicle traffic crashes, and in the development and implementation new and improved ways of using mathematical and statistical techniques in the measurement of highway traffic safety.Learn more about this agency
The ideal candidate for this position is highly self-motivated and possesses excellent mathematical and statistical analytical capabilities. The ideal candidate has excellent oral and written communication skills, since they will be writing analysis reports. NHTSA is seeking a candidate capable of working cooperatively with other offices within NHTSA, to understand countermeasures using extensive crash data bases. Experience working with large data bases and experience working with SAS programming is preferred.
All offers for newly appointed federal employees will be made at the Step 1.
NHTSA is a Local 3313 Bargaining Unit Agency.
As a Mathematical Statistician, you will:
- Plan and execute analyses designed to improve quantitative knowledge of the causes and results of motor vehicle traffic crashes, and in the development and implementation new and improved ways of using mathematical and statistical techniques in the measurement of highway traffic safety.
- Be responsible for preparing clear and accurate reports of the study results. These may include recommendations for improving the data collection process or methods of compensating for existing data limitations, as appropriate. The employee prepare and deliver briefings and technical papers to management and users both within and outside NHTSA. Maintain a familiarity with field data collection procedures, data retrieval and techniques, and computer software analysis packages in order to perform specialized data retrievals.
- Develop specifications and plan and perform the work withing NHTSA and NCSA policy guidelines. Prepare work statements, evaluate contract proposals, chair source evaluation committees, and monitor contracts.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
- Current Federal Employees
- Former Federal Employees
- Overseas Employees
- Merit Promotion
- Status Candidates
- Schedule A
- Individuals with Disabilities
- Military Spouses
- Peace Corp
- 30% Disabled
- Fulbright Fellows, Gilman Scholarship, and Critical Language Scholarship Program alumni
If you are NOT a status employee or VEOA eligible, please apply under announcement: NHTSA.NSA-2018-0003
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/484482700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.