The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values -- integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.Learn more about this agency
These positions are being filled under Direct Hiring Authority (DHA) for Defense Acquisition Workforce Positions, and Expedited Hiring Authority (EHA) for Defense Acquisition Workforce Positions and Health Care Occupations. The Secretary of the Air Force has delegated authority by the Office of the Secretary of Defense to directly appoint individuals to select defense acquisition workforce positions, or 'EHA Acquisition,' and 'DHA Acquisition,' pursuant to the Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) and certain health care occupations, or 'EHA Medical.' Positions are located Air Force-Wide. Positions may be filled as permanent, temporary or term with a full-time or part-time work schedule. Pay will vary by geographic location.
This Public Notice is to gather applications which may or may not result in a referral or selection.
This Public Notice may be used to fill positions in other equivalent pay systems (i.e., NH, NJ, NK).
Please read this Public Notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application for consideration.
FOR CLINICAL AND COUNSELING PSYCHOLOGY POSITION DIRECTLY RELATED TO PATIENT CARE
- Conduct intake evaluations and psycho diagnostic assessments and provide evidence-based psychotherapy for children, adolescents, and families. Conduct intake evaluations on routine and emergency basis and also conduct more comprehensive psychological evaluations to address complex diagnostic and treatment issues. Prepare evaluation reports with full responsibility for such evaluations.
- Conduct individual, group and family psychotherapy for beneficiaries who present with a full range of psychiatric problems. Administer and interpret objective personality and intelligence measures, and conduct mental health evaluations in accordance with applicable USAF and DoD guidelines.
- Serve as leader of the patient care team providing psychological services to children, adolescents and families; formulate patient treatment plans, administer and interpret various psychological assessment measures for children and adolescents in order to adequately assess behavior/personality, intellectual abilities and academic achievement. Annotate adjustments to treatment plan as required over the course of therapy.
- Provide record of care in compliance with Air Force regulations and guidelines. Carry professional responsibility for findings, interpretations, decisions, recommendations, and reports.
- Promote and preserve a psychotherapeutic atmosphere among the professional treatment team and functions as authoritative source of information in the areas of child psychology. Conduct intake evaluations and psychological assessments, and provides evidence-based psychotherapy for adults.
- Establish treatment plan, annotate adjustments to treatment plan as required over the course of therapy. Provide psychological consultation for medical providers, and military commanders/senior leaders.
FOR INDUSTRIAL AND ORGANIZATION PSYCHOLOGIST POSITIONS
- Apply Industrial/Organizational (I/O) psychological principles, theories, methods, techniques and knowledge in support of personnel testing and research.
- Develop test and survey policy to include planning, developing, directing, coordinating, and monitoring research activities and analysis affecting personnel testing, personnel surveys, and occupational surveys.
- Develop measurement concepts and methods, including such tools as written tests, for measuring and evaluating such things as experience, current job achievement, physical and mental capabilities, and attitudes of employees.
- Develop, refine, advocate, and manage the combined strategic research plan, and execution thereof, for manpower and personnel purposes.
This announcement may be used to fill one or more vacancies.
Duties and responsibilities vary and may increase according to grade level.
This public notice may be used to fill target grades (e.g. GS-05 Target GS-15).
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…This public notice is to gather applications that may or may not result in a referral or selection.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/484432900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.